I was just reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens when I encountered this fantastic guide on when is the exact time to have sex. I just enjoyed reading this one and I just want to share this with you.
Do you really think you’re ready to go all the way? Are you sure? Think about the possibility of sexually transmitted infections, unplanned pregnancy, emotional doubts and more! All good reasons to wait. BUT before you go too far, let’s take a look at the following list or make up your own:
- You think sex equals love.
- You feel pressured.
- You’re afraid to say “NO!” And mean it!
- It’s easier to give in.
- You think everyone else is doing it! THEY ARE NOT!
- Your gut feelings and instincts tell you not to.
- You don’t really know all the facts about a pregnancy.
- You think a woman can get pregnant the first time. REALLY SHE CAN!
- It goes against your moral or religious beliefs.
- You will live to regret it the next morning.
- You feel embarrassed or ashamed.
- You can’t support a child or yourself.
- Your idea of commitment is a three-day DVD rental.
- You believe sex before marriage is wrong.
- You don’t want to get HIV…the virus that causes AIDS!
- You might contract a sexual transmitted infection…also called STDs.
- You think it will make your partner love you.
- You hope it will change your life for the better.
- You’re not ready for the relationship to change.
- You’re drunk.
- You wish you were drunk.
- Your partner is drunk.
- You expect it to be perfect.
- You’ll just die if it’s not perfect.
- You can’t laugh together about awkward elbows and clumsy clothes.
- You’re not ready to take off your clothes.
- You think HIV and AIDS only happen to other people.
- You think you can tell who has HIV by looking at them.
- You don’t think teens get HIV. (They do.)
- You don’t know that abstinence is the only 100% protection against sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy.
- You haven’t talked about tomorrow.
- You can’t face the thought of tomorrow.
- You’d be horrified if your parents found out.
- You’re doing it just so your parents will find out.
- You’re too scared to think clearly.
- You think it will make you more popular.
- You think you “owe it” to your partner.
- You think it’s not OK to be a virgin.
- You’re only thinking about yourself.
- You’re not thinking about yourself.
- You can’t wait to tell everyone about it.
- You hope no one will hear about it.
- You really wish the whole thing had never come up.
I would be real happy if you also start reading the book: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. 😉
Your Big Fan,